Our strategy was to increase the expertise around sofas shown on the site and align with questions potential customers were asking. Our aim was to reach new customers that had not yet considered Swyft, as well as boosting the overall topical expertise around sofas which would serve to increase the visibility of existing collections on the site.
To do this, we created an average of 15 relevant inspirational articles and educational buying guides per month for Swyft’s blog. These articles targeted research, awareness, and post-conversion stages of the marketing funnel. They also supported our SEO strategy around the creation of new and optimisation of the existing categories and subcategories with the highest SEO opportunity.
We created our SEO content strategy based on:
- Swyft’s product range.
- SEO opportunity (total monthly search volume in the UK of keywords around the product range, and organic competition).
- Relevance to the customer journey.
We, therefore, focused our efforts on the following keyword clusters to decide the most valuable topics for those product categories and subcategories:
- Sofas topic areas: colours, materials, styles, shapes and number of seats.
- Living room decor advice and inspiration.
- Small space living tips and inspiration.
- Decor styles: contemporary, minimalism, Scandi, Mid-Century modern, etc.
- Home decor advice and inspiration for renters and 1st-time buyers.