We broke up our strategy into 2 parts:
1) The existing Tips content was performing well, but there was plenty of room to improve from an SEO perspective. There was also a lot of overlap between content and a lack of defined targeting. So, we did the following:
- Rolled out SEO training with the internal team
- Improved internal linking across articles
- Segmented the website to show how Tips content should revolve around more factual “how-tos” and “what is” content, and avoid targeting more inspirational terms
2) We identified a huge gap in Thread’s keyword pool for inspirational keywords. We created a dynamic content hub similar to a standard eCommerce website, but instead of showing products the listing feed was replaced with outfit imagery as shown here: https://www.thread.com/gb/outfits/men – this hub was also perfectly on brand for Thread who continue to use it throughout all marketing channels and promote it prominently in their mega navigation.