Made.com is one of the case studies for pure-play e-commerce growth over the past 5 years. Despite this their SEO wasn’t in a great place. Sam joined Made.com in 2018 to lead their SEO across all international markets. After 2 years inhouse, NOVOS was born & Made.com become one of our first clients.
Over a 3 year period, we’ve dramatically transformed made.com’s SEO performance across all international markets, achieving a staggering £10.4 million non-brand growth.
The tactics and growth framework we used for Made.com’s SEO formed the basis of NOVOS’ delivery to all eCommerce clients. These tactics have been built on and adapted wit the more eCommerce brands we work with.
Headline projects included:
- One of the largest, if not the largest, migration of an eCommerce brand to React + Headless CMS at the time
- Working closely with the UX team to generate a new maga navigation that’s was built from SEO data
- Renamed all products inline with SEO data and created templates for all future product releases
- Supported buying team to find gaps in made.com’s inventory vs key competitors
- Indexed filters dynamically for core product offering to target long-tail keywords
- Created a how-to & ideas hub for all SEO led content
- International backlink generation across France, Spain, Netherlands and Belgium
- Transformed the internal linking structure & site architecture