Liverpool Street/Aldgate (EC3A), London
Head of SEO
Reporting directly to the Client Services Director, you will be responsible for leading the direction & development of the SEO strategy & technical delivery teams within NOVOS.
The Head of SEO should have a clear vision for the future of the team, where the future of SEO will be and how we should evolve & develop our proposition and approach as a result in order to stay ahead of the curve.
You will be the leader of the SEO strategy team internally, working to train the team & implement processes for effective delivery, identifying and filling skill gaps, and driving innovation within the role.
You will work closely with the Head of PR, & Content Lead in order to ensure our SEO campaigns are truly aligned to the strategic needs of a client, delivering a combined SEO strategy and working together collaboratively.
- Lead the SEO strategy team to deliver industry-leading work across client accounts.
- Work with the Client Services Director to ensuring collaboration of all departments
- Ensure processes are in place to keep delivery up to award-winning standards
- Identify knowledge gaps and train members of the team internally
- Review tools & processes for improvements in efficiency & effectiveness
- Identify upsell opportunities and chances to grow accounts or win new business
- Working alongside Client Services Director to build & foster client relationships and identify upsell and cross sell opportunities.
- A leader of culture within the agency, representing the core NOVOS values
- Have a clear understanding of the future of SEO & a clear vision & plan in place to upskill in this area
- Ensure we are strategic with our approach to SEO, and view tactics and results through an eCom lens
- Identify high performing projects for use as case studies & awards, & facilitating knowledge sharing across the team.
- Understand the eCommerce & data led proposition of NOVOS and how this differentiates us from competitors
- Actively engage in thought leadership, including writing blog posts internally & externally
- Encourage the team to apply for marketing & thought leadership opportunities & own team marketing output.
- Proactively represent NOVOS via external marketing – including webinars, conferences, podcasts etc.
- Support sales team with opportunity for new-business pitches, including providing relevant case studies & identifying new case study opportunities.
- Direct line management of all three SEO Managers
- Understand resourcing & assign team members to new & existing clients, working with Project Managers. Communicate any future over/under-resourcing to Client Services Director.
- Introduce delivery team to clients and be responsible for sourcing client feedback on a regular basis
- Track & sign off on the tools we use internally based on a set budget
- Identification of high performers/flight risks
- Team planning alongside Business Strategy Director
Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 5 years experience in an SEO role, with agency experience
- Track record of achieving organic growth through strategic SEO
- A strong working knowledge of eCommerce & eCom CMS including popular frameworks such as Shopify/Magento 2/Headless
- Experience managing a team, with evidence of nurturing and development of team members
- Strong communication skills, both internally and client-facing
- A clear vision for the future of SEO and how to develop the SEO team
- Evidence of thought leadership in the form of blog posts, webinars, and/or conference speaking
"The agency strives to be a vehicle for the growth of its clients and the personal growth of the team"
This is our core value which separates us from competitors who overcomplicate SEO. We aim to simplify processes and functioning of the company meaning no 100-page docs or SEO jargon for the clients.
Transparency & Honesty
Honesty is when you reveal the truth you feel needs to be known. Transparency is when others can see for themselves the truths they feel they need to know. Our clients trust us and we trust our team. We share the company's performance openly with the team, encouraging them to question the management.
There are over 25000 digital agencies in the UK and SEO is a saturated market but what sets us apart is our specialist approach - we do only eCommerce SEO - we’re specialists within a specialism. How can anyone do seo ecom better than us if that's all we do?'
Stand out & be different
Why blend in when you can stand out? Team NOVOS is not afraid to experiment, innovate and create - we don't copy trends, we set them. Most importantly, we are never afraid to admit mistakes and fail - that's how we learn.
Never stop growing
In the digital age, if you're not growing, you're standing still. We don't confine our knowledge and skill development to our niche, SEO. Learning from other industries gives us a fresh perspective and helps us become better business (not just SEO) consultants for our clients. We also pay for advanced, specialist training courses for our team.
In SEO, you can never guarantee results but we can guarantee the best service of any SEO agency. Weekly calls, meetings, visiting clients and taking an active interest in the business growth of our clients assures our genuine contribution beyond SEO
Job with Benefits @ NOVOS
A good work-life balance is essential for wellness so we encourage our team to take as much time off as they need without worrying about the number of vacation days
We value our team's happiness more than its performance so we use 'Happiness Index' to ensure that the issues affecting the mental wellbeing of our team are fixed
Besides an excellent health insurance plan, we offer free virtual Yoga, membership of meditation apps, and workout classes to our team and encourage discussions around health
Our office model that combines work-from-home with in-house work out of luxurious co-working spaces is so flexible & unique that it has been featured in the BBC
We want to see you grow with us so we allocate budgets for professional training and skill development courses besides organizing in-house training sessions
We power you with the best laptops/screens or anything else that you may need to work comfortably from wherever you are
Although we only ask you to come to the office only twice a week (when possible), we do have a 'bike to work' scheme that makes your commute green
We sure know how to have fun at NOVOS! Our culture committee plans fantastic events like company dinners at fancy restaurants, day outs and much more
From sofas to cakes - enjoy online shopping with attractive discounts from our clients and associates exclusively for team NOVOS
We're eCommerce specialists for a reason, get in touch with us today and find out more.